Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Showered with Love

This little boy and I have been showered with love like you wouldn't believe! I seriously have the sweetest friends and family anyone could ask for. I feel beyond blessed. Words cannot even describe the gratitude I feel. I just want to cry. (I'm sure the pregnancy hormones will aid in that...) I am so grateful for this little baby boy who is about to make his big debut into this world in just a few short weeks. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who has trusted Taylor and I to be the parents of this precious little child. I am grateful I am married to such an incredible man who is such an amazing husband and I know will be an incredible father. I'm so grateful for loving friends and family that have been there to support us through this exciting time in our lives. Let's just say my heart is just overflowing with love. 

My amazing friends were the first ones to throw me a shower. Sadly I didn't take any pictures of it, I wish I did but the night flew by way too quickly. But that's what tends to usually happen when a bunch of girls get together, am I right? We had a delicious meal from blue lemon. I chose the salmon of course. No worries, Salmon is safe to eat in pregnancy if it's occasionally. If I had it my way, it would be safe to eat DAILY. We played some fun games involving unscrambling baby words. One we never could unscramble. For the rest of our lives we will never know what that mysterious baby word was. We had such a fun night chatting about all the fun things to look forward to when having a baby and some things that are not so fun to look forward to ;). Two of my best friends just had babies within the past two months so they gave me all their knowledge and then some. I still don't feel prepared, but do you ever feel 100% ready? 

The Smith side of the family were the next ones to throw a shower for me and baby E. It was the cutest little brunch at the Communal down in Provo. Aunts and cousins all attended and i'm so glad they did because we had a blast being together. They had made cute little coloring books (one of my favorite past times with my late Grandpa Smith) for everyone to draw in as we chatted about advice and tips on being a mother. I am so blessed to have so many amazing examples surrounding me as role models. 












Fried French Toast... you bet that's what this pregnant momma ordered! 




Thank you Smith family for throwing such a beautiful baby shower! 

Last night we had another shower and again I wish I had taken more pictures! I did take a picture of the adorable invite though... isn't it cute?  
First off I want to say, how did I get so lucky to have such incredible in-laws. (I just noticed how much I use the word incredible. Excuse me if this bothers you, but sometimes incredible is the only word that pops in my mind when I need to describe something that is simply... incredible. Hopefully you can follow my pregnancy nonsense.) Anyways, back to the incredible DeHart family and the incredible shower. For dinner we had BBQ sandwiches, fruit, salad, veggies and for dessert Sweet Tooth Fairy Cupcakes!!! When it came time for the cupcakes we all gathered around the table and test tasted the various kinds. I'd have to say Salted Carmel was a winner. We played a few guessing games, guessing how many m&m's were in the bottle, cotton balls in the jar, and Q tips in the basket. I tend to always overshoot my prediction on those games. Instead of cards everyone brought children's books and wrote a cute note inside of them. It was absolutely adorable. I can't wait to cuddle up with our little man and read to him the books that everyone had picked out! I had such a fun time at the shower and again feel beyond blessed to have married into such a loving and supportive family. 
Meet our fruit baby. For the shower Taylor's mom made the most adorable little fruit version of Everett.  Isn't he the cutest?! 






No comments:

Post a Comment