Thursday, September 3, 2015

Little Man is 10 Days Away

There are honestly no words to describe the emotions we feel right now. Is it possible that we get to meet baby E in just 11 short days? These past 2 weeks have felt like the longest of my life and flown by all at the same time. I don't know how that's possible but it is. We will see how these next 11 days go... I just want our little man here! At night, before bed, I seriously stare at my bare squirming belly and just try and imagine his little face, hands and feet. I can't wait to meet him. 

We have been quite busy these past few weeks. We have been working on getting our yard put in, in attempts to finish it before E gets here. And when I say we, I mean Taylor. My dad and brothers have also been a HUGE help. Looking at our small little lot you wouldn't think that a yard would take long. But sprinklers are a beast no matter how big your yard is. I have also been working on the last finishing touches in E's nursery. It' s our favorite room in our whole house. Probably because it's the only one that's decorated. ha. I have been doing a lot of little projects DIY style and it really has come together. (Pictures Coming!) Taylor has also started his last year at BYU! YAY! 

Also in the past week, I had another baby shower. My mom's side of the family threw it and let me just say that it was adorable. I feel more than blessed to have such supportive and loving family and friends. There are not enough thank you's to go around! This shower was mustache themed if you couldn't tell...
The most adorable mustache straws, and the most adorable mustache cake you ever did see. 

Okay... so  this might look disturbing without an explanation. This was the first game that we played at the shower, it's called, My Water Broke. Everyone takes an ice cube and whoever's is the first to melt yells out, "My Water Broke!" People had them in between their hands and in their mouths all in hopes to get their water to melt. Some of ours didn't melt all night! Stubborn little babies. 


Another hilarious game. This is the diaper smelling game. I'm sure there is a cuter and better name out there, but I don't know it. So the diaper smelling game it is. There is mashed up food or melted candy in each diaper and just from looking and smelling it you have to try and guess what you think it is. Many laughs were had and many faces were pulled during this game. I didn't do so well with my score. I only guessed the most obvious ones right. Reese's, M&M's, Kit-Kat...pathetic I know. ha. 


The soon to be Great- Grandmother, Grandmother, and Mother. I'm so grateful I have such wonderful examples to look up to! 


This game involved everyone drawing what they think baby E is going to look like, with a pencil on a plate on top of their head. Oh and Without picking up their pencil. hahaha another hilarious one. We had babies missing bodies and babies with four butt cheeks. So funny. 



No comments:

Post a Comment