Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas

I have said this a million times and I could say it a million more but the holidays with a baby are so exciting. I can't even imagine what Christmas time is like with a toddler. It always made me sad, thinking of him getting older, but with each month that passes he just gets cuter. Yes, I miss the baby phase, but I am loving the gummy smiles, the cooing and the kicks. 
Christmas came at the perfect time. Taylor finally was able to take a break from school and we were able to just be together as a family. We were able to fit some pretty killer snuggle sessions in over the break. 
My parents house is always such a magical place during Christmas. Growing up, there would be a Christmas tree in EVERY single room and there still is to this day. On Christmas Eve we had a wonderful meal with the traditional ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli, rolls, and the infamous smith pomegranate jello salad. 



This little man was more than ready for santa to come^


Although it's blurry... this is one of my favorite photos of Christmas morning. 


Grandpa and Grandma Smith gave Everett this fun play center for Christmas. As you can tell, he was pretty thrilled about it. It's like they read his mind. 

So I think it's safe to say that the hover board was one of the gifts to get this year. Although we didn't get one, we got a lot of exposure to them as we hopped from family to family. The first time Taylor tried to ride one was at my parents on Christmas morning. He stepped on hesitantly and the wobbled back and forth for a bit. My dad and brother were on both side of him just in case things got out of hand. After he felt a little more comfortable with it he started going a little faster. I was videoing with the camera a couple feet in front of him and he started coming towards me and said ," I'm going to come give you a hug!" I quickly started backing up, not thinking that this was a good plan, and went around a corner in the house. He, of course, followed. Then BAM! The hover board hit the wall, the paint flew off the wall, and Taylor slipped and slammed onto his back. I almost peed my pants laughing so hard. The great thing is I was videoing the whole thing, so we can go back and relive that moment again and again. 

We were glad that we woke up to a white Christmas (3 feet of fresh snow) but we were a little worried about the drive to Taylor's parents, seeing that their house is two hours north. Thankfully in the afternoon it cleared up just long enough for us to make the drive. When we got to their house we were welcomed with a delicious meal and cheesecake for dessert. Taylor was mocking me as I took this picture of my cheesecake. 
"We used to eat our food. Now we just take pictures of it."- Instagram Husbands Video 
But let's get real how festive is this picture?! 


After Everett went to bed we were finally able to have some Christmas smooches! 





Hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and spent it with the ones you love most. I know I sure did! 








No comments:

Post a Comment