Thursday, May 1, 2014

Anything Can Happen


For my birthday back in March, Taylor ever so sneakily surprised me with concert tickets to Ellie Goulding! I have loved her ever since I heard her song Anything Can Happen. Another little twist to the surprise was that Austin and Lauren were coming along! Since it was Lauren's birthday in March as well, Taylor also gifted them tickets! 

Funny moment: Taylor asked Austin back in February if Lauren liked Ellie Goulding. Austin wanting to make sure she did, asked her, "Lauren would you want to go to a Avril Lavigne concert?" I am not quite sure where he pulled that one from because that sounds nothing like Ellie Goulding. ha. She replied, "Hummm I don't know. Not really." haha. So the whole concert we gave Austin a hard time about Avril. 

The concert was at the Saltair. Clear out in the middle of nowhere. Has anyone ever been there? I never had, but from what it looked like, I thought we were headed to the middle of nowhere. We decided that we did not want to be shoulder to shoulder being pushed around all concert, so we went upstairs on the second floor and found a pretty good lookout! With just 1 row of heads in front of us...instead of 895. 

We definitely did not fit into the crowd that the concert pulled in. We might have stood out just a little bit. ha. The crowds at those kind of things bring in all sorts of people. Note: These concerts are the best to people watch. ha. As soon as Ellie got on stage it was amazing. She is INCREDIBLE live! I thought that her voice was all synthesized but boy was I wrong. Her voice is just that unique! All in all we had a great time at the concert. We laughed so hard, sang so hard and danced so hard! Thanks Ellie for the great night. You're awesome! 











No comments:

Post a Comment