Wednesday, May 6, 2015

20 Weeks

 On Monday we had our 20 week anatomy scan. I absolutely love seeing our baby boy! This visit is especially nerve racking because they go through all the physical measurements and characteristics and make sure they are looking right. The most comforting thing to hear was good, good, good... all across the board! In fact, right when the ultrasound tech put the probe on my stomach baby gave us a good clear thumbs up.
This little boy knew exactly what to do for his worried mama... a thumbs up that everything is going good. hahahaha. 
I did not want the appointment to end. It was so relaxing and relieving just to be in there and watch our baby twist and squirm for 45 minutes. We saw his strong heart beating, his kidney's, brain, and diaphragm. His cute little legs were crossed at the ankles the whole time, so polite. We already love him so much! 


Bump Date Time...

How Far Along: 20 weeks 

Size of Baby: Banana (6.5 Inches)  

Developments in Baby This Week: Developing taste buds and practicing gulping! His boy parts are also developing a little here and there... 

Weight Gain: 15 pounds  

Maternity Clothes: The whole elastic pant trick will only get me about half way through the day and then they become extremely uncomfortable. So for the first time this week I threw on some smokin' hot maternity pants. I do have to say they are pretty ridiculous looking off, but once on, they feel like a dream! I'm in love. I will scream it from the rooftops. I LOVE MATERNITY PANTS! Who knows if i'll ever switch back to normal pants after baby comes. 

Sleep: I am a stomach sleeper so it's becoming more and more difficult to lay on my ever growing belly. The nightly pee is still a thing. 

Food Cravings: I don't know what's wrong with me, but I got nada. I just am hungry all the time! 

My Symptoms: Sciatica or Pelvic girdle pain, whichever it is...It HURTS! 

Movement: I have not felt any kicks or turns yet. Although at times I question wether it's my stomach or the baby... there hasn't been anything defining. I have an anterior placenta which creates an extra padding between the baby and the outside world. So hopefully I will start feeling him in the next few weeks. 

Names: OHHH my gosh. It is such a hard decision. This will be his name for the rest of his life, no pressure. But we have 20 more weeks to figure it out! 

3 comments:

  1. I have an anterior placenta too, and I FINALLY started feel him kicking around 22 weeks, so you're almost there!! And I feel ya with the pelvic pain...it doesn't get better :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to be the cutest little mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda, that is so comforting to know. AHHH I don't know if I can wait a few more weeks to feel him, i'm the world's most impatient person. ha. You are looking fabulous by the way! Madi, thank you so much! You're the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete