Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Aloha Part 2

While we were there, we stayed at the Grand Hyatt on the south side of the island. This side of the island is apparently the "dry side" of the island. Who would have thought... because it was still so lush. 

 We went snorkeling with the whole family at Poipu Beach, and saw some pretty amazing things. Seals, turtles, pipe fish, eels, sea urchins. It's really nice having an older brother who knows his fish. All of us would get back to the beach and ask him what everything was. What's amazing is how strong the ocean current is. We'd just be snorkeling along and i'd come up to clear my mask and we'd be clear out from the beach! 
I highly recommend Puka-Dogs. Yes, I do have to say I liked it better than J Dawgs. DELICIOUS! 



 One of the nights we were there we drove up to the Kalalau lookout. It honestly felt like we were in the movies. The views from up there are absolutely breathtaking! At the top there was quite a strong breeze and it was VERY cold. So my sister and law,  Lauren, and I lasted only a few minutes before running back to the car. The boys, well, they had to get all the pictures they could so they stayed out until the sun set. 





 One of the days the family went on a Catamaran up and down the Napoli Coast. After we booked it, they informed us that pregnant people were not aloud on the tour. Hey, i'm pregnant. So my mom and I relaxed by the pool and hung out for that part of the day. 





 Taylor practiced his camera skills while he was away. I do have to say, he is getting pretty good! He was very proud of this picture of my little brothers. 
 This is a gorgeous tree tunnel that we had to drive through every day to get back to our hotel. I'm convinced i've seen it somewhere on Pinterest before. 

The day before we left we did a helicopter tour of the island which was absolutely incredible. It is a must when you come to Kauai! The company that we flew through is the same one that supplied the helicopter for the movie Jurassic World. When our pilot told us this, I got thinking. "You mean the helicopter that crashes?!" He laughed. 








 The last day we went to the North Shore and visited the lighthouse, and Princeville. 






Kauai is an absolutely gorgeous island. It was so fun to be together as a family! Mahalo Hawaii. You were good to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment