Wednesday, March 25, 2015

14 Weeks


This week I am14 weeks pregnant. Yesterday I was 14 weeks and two days pregnant... that's 100 days of pregnancy! WOAH! When you put it like that, it seems like FOREVER! But to be honest it's flown by. I am just eager to see this baby again. ....Hopefully at our next doctors appointment in three weeks! I do have to say that I am thrilled to be out of the first trimester. Although I was blessed not to have been too sick, that constant nauseous feeling isn't fun (at all). It's difficult to explain. Especially when your sweet husband is trying to sympathize. It's like being car sick ....constantly ....oh and with the flu. That's the best way to explain it. But don't get me wrong, it's well worth it! 


This week our little babe is the size of a lemon! The development of a baby amazes me. It's truly a miracle. One week it's the size of a sesame seed and a few weeks later it's the size of a lemon! This week many more developments are happening. Baby is standing up straight, growing hair and eyebrows, the roof of it's mouth is forming, and the ears are moving around the sides of it's head (I wonder if they have their daddy's cute ears?!). 

How Far Along: 14 Weeks 

Size of Baby: Lemon! 

Weight Gain: Humm, let's just say it's started. 

Maternity Clothes: The bump has not made too big of an appearance yet. I have bought a few things for down the road, but i'm not currently wearing them quite yet. 

Sleep: Sleeping is difficult because it is interrupted with multiple potty breaks in the middle of the night. I feel so bad for Tay because he wakes up every time. Practice for when the baby comes, right?  

Food Cravings: So far along in my pregnancy I haven't craved anything like mad. When I was nauseous all I wanted was toast... and bagels with cream cheese. Fruit always sounds good. Also whatever looks good on T.V. at that moment, no matter what time it is. The other night we were watching Parenthood and they were making peanut butter and jellies... I looked at Tay and said, "I NEED A PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!" So I made him come downstairs with me and make some midnight snacks. He is amazing.

Sick: Nausea is gone. ALLELUIA! At night and in the mornings it still takes me awhile to feel 100%.  I still am always tired. I could nap all day long. The headaches come and go. 

1 comment: