Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Piece by Piece

Most of our boxes are now unpacked and organized. Who knew it would take so long. I have loved organizing cupboards as I fill them with our things. It feels like a fresh start. Like a breath of fresh air.  Organizing and getting rid of old things just feels good. 

Here are just a few little pieces that are starting to come together.... 


  
Who doesn't love succulents? Real ones are impossible. Fake ones on the other hand are much more doable. Target has some of the best "live" looking succulents i've seen around. 
Back when we were preparing for our wedding we had ordered succulents for our wedding to give out as thank you's. There were about 300 succulents in my parents house all over the living room for weeks. As my sweet mother tried to nurture them it seemed like they just continued to slip away. Each day more and more would die. We tried to research how to care for them. They need water once a week, you need to soak the soil once a day... the advice went on and on. But apparently we did it all wrong because eventually all of them died. We had heard that they were so easy to care for and that's why they sounded so appealing. One day we will learn how to care for succulents. Until then, Target succulents it is. 

I am absolutely obsessed with pillows. Growing up there were always about fifteen pillows on every bed and couch in our house. Every where you looked...pillows. The karate chopped kind (that's a special technique for fluffing pillows). I found these adorable pillows at a variety of places. I found half of them at Gordmans. It seems like a weird place but I promise they have great deals. All their pillows were on sale so I got them for $5 each. Target right now also has a great line of gold items, including gold pillows! YAY! The rest of the pillows I found on Etsy. Those ones were a little more expensive but to add some patterns in there it was worth it. 
Our next project is finishing our kitchen table. The legs are the last thing we need to work on. It's just a matter of finding the time. Where does the time go? That's my big question.  

No comments:

Post a Comment