Thursday, March 19, 2015

Baby DeHart Coming September 2015

Guess what? WE ARE EXPECTING!!! 
Yes, I know, even now I still can't believe it! But it's true, Baby DeHart is coming this September! Our little family of two will be made three in these next few months and we couldn't be more thrilled about it! We found out about 7 weeks ago... trust me when I say this news is SO hard to keep a secret! I'd like to take you back to that night we found out we would be parents. It was one of the best nights of my life. 

January 20: I went on a work trip to Dallas, Texas. While I was there I got super sick in the middle of the night one night. I thought I was going to die. I was super dizzy, nauseous, and could not cool down for the life of me. I had to dump my head in ice water to finally feel some sort of relief. So the next morning I texted Taylor joking him saying "I'm totally pregnant!" I explained to him the story and he agreed. We had taken a pregnancy test a few weeks earlier and it was negative. I had thought somewhere in the back of my mind, what if i'm pregnant?,  and was so excited at just the thought of it. So when it was negative it kind of crushed me. So this second time around, I didn't want to get my hopes high. The day I got home from Dallas we took a trip to the grocery store on the way home from the airport. The uncertainty was killing us. By the way, buying pregnancy tests is SO awkward. Especially when it's the only item in your cart. Oh the looks you get... ha. When we got home I ran into the house as fast as I could. I think I had even started unbuttoning my pants before I was even close to the bathroom. My heart thumped. I had a feeling in my gut that I was pregnant but at the same time I had to keep telling myself it might be negative again. Taylor came into the bathroom and we both just stared at that little stick that determined our future. We waited, stared, waited, and then stared some more. Then we watched the dark line travel across the screen. It began to read... PREGNANT! We both were speechless and awestruck. We were in complete shock. Taylor yelled, "What does that mean?!" ... but in all reality we knew what that plus sign meant. I had to double check it with the box about a trillion times. Yes, plus means pregnant! I can't even explain the emotion that was in that tiny little bathroom. Taylor picked me up and I began to tear up a little but that was soon broken up with laughter. WE ARE HAVING A BABY! We could not wrap our heads around it. Taylor had the biggest smile across his face and i'm sure I did as well. It still is hard to believe. It doesn't feel quite real. Our little baby is growing inside of me! We are so grateful to our Heavenly Father to trust us with one of his precious children. Each day I look down at my belly (it's more like a pudge right now) I am just filled with joy and gratitude. 





Isn't he going to be the cutest daddy EVER?! I can't get over it! 



Photography: Madie Allen Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment