Wednesday, June 10, 2015

One of many

For the weekend we decided to head to San Fransisco to do a little sight seeing and to stop by and say hi to Tay's brother, who lives in San Fran. One thing that I absolutely love about this place is how close everything is. San Fransisco is only about 45 minutes away! Our first stop was Golden Gate Park. Which is partially deceiving because, although close, you can't see the Golden Gate Bridge. But you can see a lot of other things. For example, ducks. There are tons ducks and geese! I told Tay that we  need to always have a loaf of bread on hand because there are ducks everywhere here. Not only in San Fransisco but near our apartment as well. Feeding ducks at the pond is one of my favorite childhood past times. So from now on you will find a loaf of bread in my purse. ;) We walked around the park and watched all the cute couples row across the pond, listened the the live music being played, and watched all the ducks. 
Funny story: During our walk we came up on several pigeons in the middle of path. Right as they started scurrying out of our way, there was in the middle that darted directly towards my face. I don't think I could have screamed louder. I positively scared the pigeon, Taylor, and the two women walking towards us. I swear it was going to peck our eyes out. I really do not like birds. My pregnant bladder almost couldn't take the laughter that followed. 
The Golden Gate Bridge is absolutely breathtaking. We found the perfect spot on our way to Tay's brothers and got out to view it more clearly. It was a little windy to say the least. Which made it difficult to take pictures together (My hair in his face and all). I regretted not bringing a hair tie. My hair was a tangled mess afterwords. But we managed to get a few so that's all that matters! 



Now this one is a money maker. Real good view, am I right? I mean that bridge is so... so... so nonexistent. 


That's my boy :) 
After almost being blown away out on the coast, we meet up with Tay's brother Zach. We took the Subway to Union Square which is The Time's Square of San Fransisco to eat lunch. Zach had the brilliant idea to go to the Cheesecake Factory, just what this pregnant belly was craving at the time. The Cheesecake Factory downtown is on the top floor of the Macy's building which over looks all of Union Square AND has patio seating. So clearly, we had to sit outside and take in this amazing view. I do have to admit I did think of the movie San Andres a few times while downtown. But hey, it was the most resent connection I had with the city. It's safe to say that we made it out alive. 




 After lunch we continued to walk the city. Zach showed us all the cool sites and we even walked down to the Bay Bridge. That thing is huge. But I think I am still a bigger fan of the Golden Gate Bridge, you just can't beat that red color. Maybe that's what they need to do with the Bay Bridge. Paint it red! HOW COOL?! 


 San Fransisco, you were good to us. We will be back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment