Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Week 26 Bumpdate

How Far Along: 26 weeks 

Size of Baby: Eggplant, Green Onion, and a Head of Lettuce. Every pregnancy app had a little something different, so try to envision how big this babe is by just picturing all those three foods all smashed into one. The roundness of the lettuce, the plumpness of the eggplant and the length of a green onion. That will give you some sort of idea. Oh and guess what? Baby is 2 POUNDS! 

Developments in Baby This Week: His little eyes are beginning to open and his brain is continuing to develop! 

Weight Gain: 21 pounds! I do have to say it's weird seeing these unknown numbers creep upward on the scale. ha. 

Maternity Clothes: I have three favorite t-shirts from Motherhood that I wish I could wear every day. They are the most comfortable things on this planet. But I guess I've got to switch things up a little bit, right? 

Sleep: Surprisingly really good. Almost too good. I think if I didn't have Taylor there to wake me up I would sleep all day long.  The weird dreams just increase in weirdness as the weeks go on. 

Food Cravings: I haven't really craved anything my whole pregnancy. Who knows if that''s normal.  But green smoothies have been at the top of the list recently. 

My Symptoms: Pregnancy Brain is real. LEG CRAMPS. I woke up yesterday with the biggest badest charlie horse in my calf. NO bueno. My linea nigra (dark vertical line that appears on the abdomen during pregnancy) has started to show up. But the most annoying thing is it's not even centered! How rude right?! It's either the line or my belly button. If it's my belly button than for all 22 years of my life I have had an off-centered belly button. How sad. ha. 

Movement: OH MY GOSH YES! It's my absolute favorite thing in this whole world. Some days he is super active and my belly is constantly bumping around and other days I will only feel some occasional movements. On the busy days  he gets so active at times that I almost begin to feel nauseous because my belly feels like it's literally going to burst. My favorite thing to do is to look at my bare tummy and just watch it bump around. It's quite the sight. I've seen an occasional elbow or knee or who knows what it is... roll across my abdomen. Our little baby boy is inside there! Oh I love it! 

Names: Figuring out the name of your baby is a very difficult decision. There is so much that goes into it. It's not just a baby name.  The baby is going to grow into it and become old with it. So it has to be age appropriate... at every single age. Oh and initials. You got to watch out for those initials. My mom gave me this tip. They almost named my older brother, Austin Steven Smith... but clearly those initials wouldn't have worked out. (hahaha)
I respect those that are so calm about the matter. For some reason I worry  A LOT about naming our baby. But no worries, i'm not going to go into labor quite yet stressing about our babies name because we finally picked it! It was the first boy name we had liked since the beginning. Although we liked others, we always fell back on this one. It just felt right, like that was already his name. So if you are one of the few that haven't heard it quite yet, our little baby boy is going to be Everett Jay DeHart. 


No comments:

Post a Comment